It has come to our attention that various organizations or individuals are offering false employment opportunities at various positions within the Tethys Oil group. These false offers are fraud attempts intended to steal from the victims. We take these matters very seriously and are making efforts to shut down such fraudulent schemes.
Kindly note that all the group’s public vacancies are announced here on Tethys Oil’s corporate web, and candidates who seek employment with Tethys Oil are never required to pay any money.
What is recruitment fraud?
Recruitment fraud is a fraud offering fictitious job opportunities. This type of fraud is very common in the oil and gas industry. It is normally conducted through fraudulent websites or through unsolicited emails claiming to be from Tethys Oil.
How to identify recruitment fraud?
- The applicants are normally requested to complete recruitment documentation such as application forms, terms and conditions of employment or visa forms. The Tethys Oil name and/or logo is often included on the documentation.
- There is usually a request for personal information such as address, date of birth, CV and passport details, bank details etc.
- The applicants are often requested to contact other individuals or organizations such as lawyers, bank officials, travel agencies, courier companies or visa/immigration processing agencies etc.
- The perpetrators ask the candidate to make certain payments to progress the job application, for example, in respect of work permits, visas, travel arrangements, etc.
- There is often an insistence on urgency.
What should you do and not do:
- Contact your local police and provide them with all communications from the sender.
- Do not disclose your personal or financial details to anyone you do not know.
- Do not send any money